Francisco “Totie” Baraan III: The DOJ Undersecretary is a Proud Bedan
SBLAA - News & Events
Hon. Francisco F. Baraan III, the new undersecretary of the Department of Justice, is the class valedictorian of the San Beda College of Law Class of 1981.
In a rather long career in the legal profession that started in 1981 and continues until today, Totie, as he is fondly called by peers, never has his name been mentioned in any earth-shaking scandal, nor has been linked to anything that has dragged the judiciary into unwarranted controversy. Thus, when fellow Bedan, the indefatigable DOJ Secretary Leila de Lima was in search of a noteworthy undersecretary, she chose no less than Totie Baraan to be part of her team of advisers.
It has been said that the ultimate gauge of the success of Bedan education is beyond the rhetoric of the mission-vision statement of the College; it lies instead in the enduring positive influence of its graduates in the life of the nation. Such can be said of Totie. He is one reason Bedans are truly proud of their heritage. In him, we have an embodiment of the Benedictine ideals of faith, knowledge and virtue, and will surely remain a significant influence in the life of our country.
- The 2015 Red and White Golf Tournament
- The San Beda Law Alumni Homecoming
- C.A.S. Commencement DOJ Sec. Leila De Lima as speaker
- Let us pray for thew eternal soul of:
- SBCAA Board Trustees Retreat in Malaybalay Bukidnon CDO February 2014
- R&W Ball "A Premiere Gathering of Bedan Greats"
- Official Results of Election of the Trustees of the SBCAA AY 2014-2017
- SBC High School Class '59 Emerald Jubilarians
- The 2014 Red and White Ball Awardees
- Red and White Golf Tournament 2014
- San Beda Frolics 2014
- The Bedan Alumnus Homecoming Issue 2014
- Attention:Bedans who wish to serve in the SBC Alumni Association Board of Trustees
- SBCAA Schedule of Activity 2014
- Three School Administrators to receive Professorial Chairs